Old 03-03-2006, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
ext237

Default New Orchid owner, can someone provide advise?

Hi,

I received an Orchid from my boss at work. The tag in the container says
"Lc. Little Oliver 'Tricolor'". Pictures are he

http://lippeatt.com/flowers.asp

Can someone take a look and see if it is healthy? It is getting dark spots
on the leaves, and the stem with the flowers has died. Its only being
watered once a week per suggestions received because Orchids do not like too
much water? I moved it away from the window because it has been pretty
cold lately.

Here's my pictures. They are done with a camera phone, but you can see the
dark spots, the skin that is pealing off, and the withered stems.

Thanks to anyone who can offer a bit of advise!!