Old 11-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Pam

Default help! my cactus is dieing.

Billy wrote:

I got a mini cactus a few months ago the one with the three green fins
and toped up with a red prickly ball shaped thing ...hehe!

Anyways the top ball shaped thing started turning brown and know it's
all dead looking, some people told me that it's because i watered it
too mush but I'm not sure if once or twice a week is really too mush?

Today i ripped the ball thingy off completely and i was wondering if
another one would eventually grow back to replace it???

Billy

Once or twice a week is way too much for cacti. Once a month is more like
it. The "ball thingy" is most likely another species of cactus which was
top grafted, so no, nothing will grow back. You may get some growth from
the base plant, but if the top has failed, it is a pretty safe bet the
bottom is on its way out as well. For your next cactus, hold off on the
watering!

pam - gardengal