Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Cats and Parrots (was Cats are evil (not off-topic))

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:13:28 GMT, "Cindy" wrote:

I won't own another cockatiel. They are incredible, loving little
birds and it hurts too much to lose them. Besides, Freya the
cockatoo is very demanding for attention and I really don't have
the time for another bird. This one is quite enough. ;-)

I had a lovebird for awhile. It taught me that I'm not a bird person. I
didn't want her on my shoulder 14 hours a day, and the shrieking when she
didn't get her way was unbearable.

Which is why it's cruel to sell single lovebirds. They are extreme
bonders and should not be sold at all any more unless they are in
pairs.

My Hahn's macaw needs physical contact for about 4 hours a day. She
needs nuzzling, cooing, scratching, playing, rolling over, going under
the blanket game, and a number of other social activities.