Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Luxury of a septic tank!

On 3/3/06 22:53, in article , "James
Fidell" wrote:

snip
We have a "two-holer" at one corner of the veggie plot. Sadly it's been
without a roof for many years and the ivy is doing its worst. The stone
over the doorway collapsed last year

I'm planning to repair it and resurrect it as a toolshed though. At
least it will still be contributing to the garden in some small way.

My last garden in Jersey had a dunny doing just that. It was the garden
shed. The 'seating area' had been covered over and I wasn't about to argue
with that arrangement, I can tell you, so I never investigated further. But
it was at least a two seater. Outside was a fig tree onto which I suspect
the night soil had been dumped at times though I can't be sure of that. It
was never very successful as to fruit, however! One of my earliest
childhood memories is of the ballet class I attended (and loathed) The
rather posh and grand loo was a Victoria and Albert and to this day I can
remember being outraged at being expected to share my more intimate moments
with some other little girl.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk