Old 11-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Rod

Default Winter Flowering Cyclamen

"Peter Donovan" wrote in message
news:ckoba.468$ug3.122912@newsfep2-gui...
I have had a good show of these plants over the winter months grown in

large
tubs.How would one treat them after the flowering season has ended ?Do you
dig them out like a bulb and dry them out?

Please help as they are so healthy plants I would not like to loose them.
Thanks

They respond best to being allowed to do their own thing. You probably want
to do something else with the container during the summer so if you can -
leave the cyclament to die down naturally - they are dormant during the
summer months, then dig them out and plant them somewhere in reasonable
light and preferably protected from excessive winter wet. Around the bottom
of a big tree or on a bank is nice - they should naturalise and get better
every year in such a spot.

Rod

BTW if you or anybody else want more of those and other Cyclamen at
reasonable prices, good quality and not stolen from the wild go to Ann and
Les Cordes at
http://www.hardycyclamen.com/cyclamen1/index.html

No connection with me I'm just a happy customer.

Rod