Old 04-03-2006, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default rose tree pruning

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail,
My friend and I were thinking about moving to Port Isabel since he
liked the climate. Unfortunately, health problems changed the move!
We'll stay put in NY. Thanks for the website and information.
I have 3 rose bushes in the front of the house which are protected by
evergreens and a forsythia bush. The rose tree was outdoors til fall
then brought indoors. Should it be watered even though it's dormant?
Linda,NY zone5

I believe it's a good idea to water some during
dormancy, not as much as when the rose is
actively growing, but at least enough to keep
the soil a little damp.

Gail