Old 11-03-2003, 10:09 PM
SugarChile

Default When I plant seeds in the cells...

I usually plant two or three--seeds are cheap, and there's generally more in
a pack of tomatoes or peppers than I'll ever use. Once they are up, thin to
the healthiest and largest one--don't pull the culls, as it can disturb the
roots. Use a small scissors and clip off the culls at the soil surface.

Of course, I like fussing around with seedlings. Others may prefer to plant
just one, and not worry if they have an empty cell. With fresh quality
seed, germination rates are usually fairly high.

It's your choice.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
news:91FFC2917AFE7B19.F56D7B172EF8BA0A.7E11E28677E ...
... do I plant just one or a few to ensure one germimates in that
cell?? Thanks!!

Kevin
Zone 5 Ft Wayne IN