Old 11-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Zizz

Default No action on my bird feeders

"Jack" wrote in message
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I've put out bags of peanuts and
fat-balls with seeds, but nothing visits the table at all. In fact, I
haven't seen even one bird at the feeder this winter. And like you, the
only birds in my garden are starlings. Very odd indeed.

"Barry Watts" wrote in message
Try as I might, I cannot seem to coax birds into my garden this year. I
have four feeders hanging from a large apple tree, offering seed and

peanuts
and fat-balls. I've tried them close together, far apart, at the same
height, and also staggered. Nothing doing except for one brave starling
feeding only on the fat-ball. This time last year there were loads of

Tits.
What's going on? Have a I bought some dodgy seed/peanuts? Anyone else
noticed a change in bird behaviour?

Baz

(Essex)

I'm in Essex too and have had lots of tits, wrens, blackbirds, a pair of
mistle thrushes (beautiful), and three doves/pidgeons and other birds
visiting my birdtable.
Maybe it's a combination of factors ... birds not finding that there's free
food to be had ... no nearby nesting areas (hedges, clumps of trees!) or
that the area has a previous history that the birds remember as bad!