Old 11-03-2003, 10:33 PM
kenwoodward

Default Pictures of my growing room

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Gene Schurg wrote:
Have you considered putting Mylar on the walls to reflect the light?

Yep. I've used mylar in the past, and find that it gets dirty too
fast and is hard to clean. I thought a good compromise was to use
semi-gloss white paint. It is quite reflective, and a heck of a lot
easier to clean. Probably not cheaper to use paint, actually.

You might want to consider gluing styrofoam panels to the walls. The
reflectivity is much better than mylar. The down side is that it would
insulate the walls and possibly make the room warmer. My humidity room is
built into the basement using plastic to cover the outside and then
styrofoam glued to the inside. I heat it to 85 degrees in the day and let
it cool to 63 at night. The lights alone will heat it to 75, but many of my
plants wanted the added heat.

Ken Woodward
Newton, MA
http://kwoodward.net