Old 12-03-2003, 12:44 AM
b&k

Default Need advice on lettuce selection...

Rachel-
You could try Stokes (www.stokeseeds.com) located in nearby St. Catharines.
Plenty to choose from. Navigate to Vegetables/Lettuce/Looseleaf.

Good luck.
K&B
Ottawa
zone 5

"ABC" wrote in message
We are planning on planting vegetables again this summer now that our dogs
are older and will leave the plot alone. We live in the Niagara, Canada
area - very hot and humid summers (it's a fruit belt region) and very cold
winters.

I am looking for advice on growing different greens - specifically for
salads, like the Spring Mix they sell at the grocery stores. I am only
familiar with the usual run of the mill greens like iceberg, romaine,

etc.,
but would love some ideas as to what would make a great "salad greens"
garden.

Thanks very much,
Rachel.