Old 12-03-2003, 01:16 AM
mhagen

Default surplus tech gear

Jerry Mohlman wrote:
Wait a minute- who's the Yooper? The UP is a great place!

I'm the yooper. I agree it is a great place. I wouldn't want to live anywhere
else. Although this winter I thought someplace warmer might be nice to try out
for a while. We hit 40 below twice and 20 below lots of times. Lake Superior is
froze over for the first time in twenty years and frost is six feet down this
year.

At least the blackflys have a harder time of it now. I've got family
down in Shawano and worked in Vilas County back in the early 70s. Used
to ski up in the UP.