Old 12-03-2003, 01:56 AM
richard holmes

Default Mole lairs: 4-5' deep?

I have major mole problems. I have about 1/2-3/4 acre of lawnturf
(centipede) and nearly every inch has been undermined by moles. I have not
read anything that is really effective at eliminating this pest here or with
Google Usenet search. Lately I've been finding holes in the yard and
sticking the end of shovel down them and watching it go down 4 to 5'. This
is disturbing since I have a 4 year old who runs/plays in the yard and I am
fearful of his foot getting caught in a hole and injuring his leg/ankle. Are
these mole lairs? Will pouring anything down them help to subdue this
population?