Old 04-03-2006, 12:25 PM posted to aus.gardens
PatC

Default Tomato wilt

My thoughts exactly, but a bit hard for us folks that are used to doing it
the easy way...well it used to be easy!!

"Jonno" wrote in message
I dont know for sure, but this could be the reasone why hydroponics are
taking of...
..

PatC wrote:
Hi Bronwyn
I've lived here for 13 years (Sydney, inner west) )& have only had this
trouble for the last 2 -3 years, I planted them where no other tomatoes had
been before but had this problem & thought I'd fixed it with my brilliant
idea re the pot!
I'm totally bereft as I loathe store bought tomatoes. Thought I might try
out my elderly neighbours virgin backyard, but that is definitely a
desperate solution.All other vegies grow here quite happily.
Heres hoping for a miracle answer!
Pat

"HC" wrote in message

G'day Pat

I can sympathise with you because I've had the same problem since moving
to the coast some years ago. Prior to that (when living inland) I grew
tomatoes of every size, shape and colour and never had one ounce of
trouble. Like you, I've tried pots too and that doesn't work for me
either, so I've given up.

Maybe someone will have a miracle cure! We can only hope!!

Bronwyn ;-)

PatC wrote:

Every time I've tried to grow Tomatoes the last few years they get that

wilt

that starts at the bottom leaves going a brown colour & then within a

short

time engulfs the whole plant.
So I decided I would start with a new very large pot, use new topgrade
potting mix, add some blood & bone, use new seeds 'Rouge de Marmand' &

put

the pot on the top verandah where no Tomato plants have ever been before

&

make sure that nothing from the garden came in contact with the new

plants.

Well guess what they grew really well & robust -now have the same

disease

again!Any ideas pretty please