Old 04-03-2006, 09:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
Paul

Default Tomato wilt

In article

,
"PatC" wrote:

Every time I've tried to grow Tomatoes the last few years they get that wilt
that starts at the bottom leaves going a brown colour & then within a short
time engulfs the whole plant.
So I decided I would start with a new very large pot, use new topgrade
potting mix, add some blood & bone, use new seeds 'Rouge de Marmand' & put
the pot on the top verandah where no Tomato plants have ever been before &
make sure that nothing from the garden came in contact with the new plants.
Well guess what they grew really well & robust -now have the same disease
again!Any ideas pretty please

I find the cherry tomatoes are more resistant to disease and pests (in
Perth, WA). I tried a few "normal size" tomatoes this year and they
were scrappy. I even bought a "black russian" hoping to interest the
kids. This specimen died back from the growing tip! Perhaps its the
weather.

Paul