Old 04-03-2006, 09:49 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Cats and Parrots (was Cats are evil (not off-topic))

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 12:26:25 -0600, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
papers. Every so often she poops on my husband, but that's because he
forgets she has to poop every ten minutes or so. She also does this

They poop every 10 minutes?!?!?!

Yep, between ten and fifteen minutes. But this is something you can
get used to. It's not like there is poop all over my house, or even
anywhere in the room! This is why when chosing a bird it is also good
to consider the size. Mika is about 15 inches head to tail. She's
about the size of a bluejay. Her poops are sized accordingly. A
Scarlet Macaw is a huge bird which is approximately 30 inches long,
head to tail with a 5 foot wingspan and their loads are hardly called
poops! Plops, maybe

Hyacinth Macaws, the largest of all the parrots and decidedly the most
beautiful in nature are about 40 inches long head to tail and have a
six or seven foot wingspan. Huge o mundo turds!

However, they are really easy to tend if you keep up on the hygiene of
their cages and day areas. My bird is only in her cage at night to
sleep. Birds require at least 10-12 hours of uninterrupted sleep per
night. Other than that, she is never in her cage. Such fun, really.