Old 04-03-2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default duckweed

wrote in message
oups.com...
How does it propegate? would it be a good plant filter for a sump style
filter? Or would it be hard to keep out of the main tank? I would think
simple mechanical filtration would be able to keep it in place.

I'm clueless as to using them in a sump since I have freshwater fish only.
They should do well anywhere there's enough light and nutrients.

Unrelated question... does anyone ever light their tanks from the side?
Does the glass make a significant effect on the amount of light that
passes through? I ask because I have an all plant aquarium for growing
out plants on a shelf that hardly has enough room for the hood. It
would be so much easier to put the light fixture behind the tank for
easy access to the surface.

All the plants would look horrible because they'd all be leaning towards the
lights.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952