Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default duckweed

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message
I had the light closer to the plant this way because normally the
light has to be at least a foot above the water surface so the popping
bubbles don't get onto the bulb too much because if it does the
fluorescent
screw in bulb will die. But I stopped keeping the light coming in from the
side after a certain point because some hair algae started growing on the
glass that had the light real close to it. Good luck and later!

I use the screw-in fluorescent bulbs in my tanks (except the 55s) and the
only one that died was the one I dropped in the water. Well, I dropped the
hood it was screwed into in the water. Bummer,... the bulb was only a few
weeks old.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952