Old 05-03-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Default Miami Orchid Show... save your money

All,

If you have never seen a Cattleya skinneri or white/pink Phalaenopsis then
you will want to go to the Miami International Orchid Show this weekend (or
next year at this same time), otherwise save your money and skip it to wait
for the best orchid show in Florida, the Redland International Orchid Show.
http://www.redlandorchidfestival.org/

These old wizen society members from Miami have grown clueless on setting up
a good, must see, top-notch show. We want sellers of orchids at orchid
shows. We want tons of sellers shoulder-to-shoulder at ORCHID shows... not
wide open space between vendors where you can drive 3 cars side-by-side
between the booths and not even hit one orchid. Miami needs to get off
their high horse and stop trying to be so elitist with all these overblown
giant foo-foo space-eating displays that crowd out valuable seller tables.
Get some orchid selling tables set up at this show! Lower your booth fees,
double your number of vendors from the real "outside" world.... especially
from outside your same-old-same-old clique of vendors and you know what I am
talking about.

SFOS you are thinking you are still in your glory days back 10 years ago
when you had no real show competition in Florida. I got news for you all...
you are boring now and you have been especially super boring these last 6
years under this flaccid current regime running SFOS.... and I think that's
your main problem. It's time for some new blood down there if you know what
I mean.

Redland Rules in Florida! Long live the (upcoming) Redland International
Orchid Show!

Mick