Old 05-03-2006, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish,rec.ponds
Roy

Default Chinese Algae Eater & Koi/GF

Just get an indian flying fox. They look just like a chinese algae
eater, but without any bad habits. They may chase off intruders but
thats about all they will do, and I have never seen em do what a lot
of folks have seen the typical chinnese algae eaters do...

Look for the kallopteris (sp?) species of the fish which is from
Northern India .....and there is also a lookalike from Thailand and
malaysia which are somewhat more agressive.

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 07:03:30 GMT, wrote:
I tried this with my own tank, and the result was not good. The chinese
algae eaters can and will take a shot at your goldfish. Don't know why they
do it . . . Don't know what other people have said about it (mostly not
good) . . . But I do know what I have witnessed first hand. These little
suckers are extremely fast when they attack, and a goldfish doesn't stand a
chance. My two GF have gained a lot of size since it happened, and both of
them still bear the marks from it.
I personally advise against it. They seemed friendly at first, but within a
few days, they started to attack the GF.

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....