Old 05-03-2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Ponytail Palm~help!

There is no such thing as "just fuzzy stuff".

If its fungal fruiting bodies, the plant has become thoroughly infested with
fungal hyphae and it is too late to save it.

You never said if the trunk of the plant is firm or soft and squishy.

Spraying it with soap and water won't do anything. Its a fungal infection
not a bug problem.

Worry if you want to. It won't change anything.

What you need is improved air circulation around your plants.

"isabel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nope...it's just fuzzy stuff. I made friends with a neighbor who has a
beautiful garden (even during the winter!) and she suggested maybe
spraying with a soap and water solution.

I am a bit concerned about my other house plants....i have the ponytail
palm in a room alone now as i am worried about my other plants. Should
i be worried?

isabel