Old 06-03-2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James

Default Quality and cost of seed

I didn't say it was the objective. I'm just giving a fact. What I
want from the seed is the genetics that will produce the plant I want.

Trouble with organic farming is that it take a few years to get going.
Many newbies get sucked into organic and then give up. Newbies should
not start organic unless the plot had been organic farmed

The best thing when starting with a weed patch is to invest in enough
Roundup to kill all the weeds. Only then would you stand a chance
converting into organic. Of course if you have the time to hoe several
hours daily you CAN skip the Roundup.