Old 06-03-2006, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

Default BAD MULCH

thanks cat daddy..............I shoulda checked my snopes bookmark but it
sounded so plausable....................
maddie
"cat daddy" wrote in message
Tell Spunkie that he's spreading the latest Internet hoax.

Urban Legends
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/termites.asp
Claim: E-mail warns that buying mulch from home improvement stores may
spread the Formosan subterranean termite.

Home Depot does not use any mulch suppliers from the New Orleans area.

The Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry imposed a quarantine
on
several parishes back in October 2005 specifically to prevent the
accidental
movement of Formosan subterranean termite to other areas.