Old 12-03-2003, 04:23 AM
Robert Flory

Default nutrafin CO2 system

"linda mar" wrote in message
hi,

if I buy this CO2 system, is there a cheaper "co2 generating source" that

can use later instead of buying their co2 generating chemicals?
(yeast/sugar, etc...)

also, how long does a typical chemical mixture last for a low KH, 30G
aquarium with moderate planting?

linda

Lot cheaper. 2 liter soda bottle, sugar, yeast and maybe some baking soda.
My big expense was the needle valve from Yardbirds, $5.00. Works just great
with a spare air stone.

It's not perfect, I need to upgrade the cheap airstone to some sort of
reactor, but that can wait till I put some real lights on the tank. Try
the DIY, if it gives you what you want you can up grade to something fancier
later.

Bob