Old 06-03-2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dawn

Default Spring's Here!

Wild Bill wrote:

Out here in the wilds of Washington State, Spring ususally arrives sometime
late in February, but this year it happened today - March 1st. Most years
there's one day in Feb. that just feels like the back of Winter has been
broken.
Anyway, for all practical purposes, Spring is here and I'm gonna plant snow
peas this afternoon. Then tomorrow or the next day the Super Sugar Snap Peas
will go in. Yippee!! It's been a long Winter!!

It's been a long spring, here in Missouri, we've had weeks of unusual
60-70 temps when we normally have ice. My crocuses are up, which I kind
of expected. My neighbor's forsythia is blooming, which I think is about
a month early.

I'm kind of afraid to see what summer brings.

Anyway, your enthusiasm inspires me. Maybe I'll go plant something
tomorrow and see if it makes it past any late frosts.

Dawn