Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
If you want to make a living in horticulture you really need to consider
it.. At the moment, having trained which a 3 year diploma in
horticulture I have found it hard to get a job to suit my needs.
was the diploma part time or full time? i've future plans on re-training myself but more interested in the horticulture side of things than the garden designing side which there seem to be lots of courses for.

like the gardening convert i too have a young family to support and i'm not prepared to jump into horticulture without proper training, yet on the flip side i can't provide for my family if i had to retrain full time.

very interested to hear about your experiences, particularly in finding the right job. ideally i'd love to work in a large garden, and from the little research i've done these full-time jobs are hard to come by and the pay is just enough to scrape a living on. not interested in working for a garden centre, possibly a nursery if only to gain experience. anyways looking forward to hear from you