Old 07-03-2006, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Sainsbury's daffodils

Just over a week ago, I bought some daffodils at Sainsbury in Newton Abbot.
They were 99p a bunch and were no more than the thickness of a pencil and in
tight bud. As they opened in the warmth of the house they emitted the most
lovely and rather penetrating scent. I don't think I've ever had daffs with
such a perfume. The flowers are not over-large, though not as small as Tete
a Tete and the trumpet is rather more orange than the petals, which are a
true yellow. They're only just beginning to fade now and everyone who has
come to the house has remarked on them! Does anyone happen to know which
variety they could be?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk