Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default APOLOGIES FOR THE BAD MULCH POST

Your heart was in the right place. You responded to a potential problem
that may have effected all of us. I for one appreciate your taking the
action.

Dwayne

"madgardener" wrote in message
I am ALWAYS the FIRST one to apologize for being mistaken or wrong. Today
I discovered the whole informational thing about the Formosian Subterranian
termite thanks to a trip to UT Agriculture and also the news coverage on
our ABC affiliate. I apologize for posting this after Spunkie (who is a
WOMAN, by the way, not a man, who used to come to this newsgroup for years
long before me until she couldn't keep up with the flames and hateful
remarks towards her innocent comments) sent it to me from Michigan from
someone who sent it to her whom she trusted. Usually I SNOPE.com it first,
and if it comes up "untrue" I copy and paste and send it to her and to my
"daughter" person who also sends me these urban myths.

HOWEVER........the remark made about the trusting of our g'bment doing
what is RIGHT and knowing how EFFICIENT they are about NOT doing the right
thing, I take all of this "we're fumigating everything before it leaves"
thing with a block of salt. The only mulch I will use, if I used it at
all will be the older mulch I know is the older mulch at my local Lowes.
I used to work there. they don't rotate stock. And I usually don't use
mulch. If I get the urge, Squire says when all is done with the
proceedures concerning his mom's house, he's BUYING me my own chipper
shredder, a kick ass electrici chain saw, some compost bins, and retaining
blocks and all the bags of topsoil my heart desires. I've told him to
prepare for a pallet load.........LOL

but seriously, if I need mulch, I'll use the local chipper truck's mulch.
they're more than willing to dump the day's grindings if I ask them.

again, I'm SORRY I posted this before I snoped it out first. a half tank
of gas later from running around UT and trying to get answers I FINALLY
heard a more comprehensive coverage tonight on our news. I almost felt a
fool, only thing is, I posted it because I am concerned and remember the
damage the long nosed Asian beetle has done so far and she hasn't gotten
started yet. and SHE came into the ports on wood shavings from Beijing and
three years ago had made it to Chicago..........and the fire ants that
hitched a ride on the rootballs of plants that are now as close to me as
Sevierville, Tennessee which is about 20 miles away.......................

I've said enough. a continuing post of spring madness and fairy doings is
forthcoming before the words drain out of me thru my ears.........
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee where the temps are going to be 26o tonight
and by weekend, 74o!