Old 07-03-2006, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Russell Sheptak

Default Propagation from culms?

A windstorm at New Years blew down (as in horizontal with one completely
separated from its roots, and one still partially attached) a couple of
the new shoots of my Bambusa Multiplex Alphonse Karr, which are now
starting to leaf out. Each shoot is about 4 feet long above the break.
I'd love to find a way to get new plants from these (if possible) rather
than throwing them on the compost pile. Can anyone either provide
detailed instructions or point me to a website that has instructions for
how to propagate from culms? The ones I found left me with as many
questions as answers. Please post replies to the newsgroup. Thanks.

rus