Old 07-03-2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Jim Conklin

Default Pea Soup Water

Thanks to both for your advise. I think I'll just wait it out. Your right,
the fish don't seem to mind!!

Hey, mybe I'll connect that XL3 I have in storage waiting for my new 95
gallon tank! (More water being pumped thru the filter.) I'd prefer to stay
away from those Diamtom filters. I had one years ago and it was nothing but
a pain in the butt to use. The instructions were so unclear! (Like my
water!!)

Thanks again people!

"Steve" wrote in message
Jim Conklin wrote:
... I
started this one in Feb of this year, cycled it and had a BEAUTIFUL setup
with crystal clear water... The algae seems to be the 'pea soup' kind,
its not hanging on my plants too much or encrusting my glass...

I'm no expert, but I had green water for a while when my plant aquarium
was new (within the first month or two). The green water went away by
itself.

Your setup sounds perfect, and I'd just do routine maintenance and wait
for the green water to clear up by itself. That is, if the fish seem to be
happy and unstressed .

I've read that green water (suspended algae) is related to nutrients in
the water column, similar to greyish cloudy water (suspended bacteria).
The old Innes book discusses both.

Steve