Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default Sainsbury's daffodils

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
: Just over a week ago, I bought some daffodils at Sainsbury in Newton
Abbot.
: They were 99p a bunch and were no more than the thickness of a pencil and
in
: tight bud. As they opened in the warmth of the house they emitted the
most
: lovely and rather penetrating scent. I don't think I've ever had daffs
with
: such a perfume. The flowers are not over-large, though not as small as
Tete
: a Tete and the trumpet is rather more orange than the petals, which are a
: true yellow. They're only just beginning to fade now and everyone who has
: come to the house has remarked on them! Does anyone happen to know which
: variety they could be?
: --
: Sacha
: www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
: South Devon
: )

I was looking through these but without seeing your flowers it's difficult,
you may recognise them
http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/pla...ages/narac.htm