Old 07-03-2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
louisxiv

Default A few questions

More re my new house and garden:

The last occupants has 2 dogs and a cat which seem to have enjoyed using the
lawn as a toilet as there are many bare patches on the lawn at the moment
(at leat this is my diagnosis). How do I deal with this? I'd like the lawn
to remain. can i patch it with seed rather than start again? If so, what
should I use use and how should I apply it to ensure the birds don't eat it
before it gets started?

The people before also laid down some kind of membrane with bark pieces on
top. I'd like to lift it and dispose of it. is there any reason why I
shouldn't do this now rather than wait til spring?

Thanks

xiv