Old 07-03-2006, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default BBC allotments programme on Friday

"Crazy Dog" wrote
"Des Higgins" wrote
Had Monty Don and a pile of allotments. It was one of those uplifting
touchy feely programmes that made me wish it was Summer; lots of shiny
vegetables and immaculate vegetable beds. I was amazed at teh sizes of

the the patches (something like 10 metres by 30?? or did I mishear that?....
that is HUGE!). I can see why there is a waiting list to get them.

snip
Cultivation, this year, is a case of "do what you can and worry about the
rest next year." My partner and I have dug about 1/4 of the allotment in
less than 3 weeks.......

Is it a good idea to get a rotary digger in to do the initial dig?
Jenny