Old 07-03-2006, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Sainsbury's daffodils

On 7/3/06 15:43, in article
, "Robert"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
: Just over a week ago, I bought some daffodils at Sainsbury in Newton
Abbot.
: They were 99p a bunch and were no more than the thickness of a pencil and
in
: tight bud. As they opened in the warmth of the house they emitted the
most
: lovely and rather penetrating scent.snip
I was looking through these but without seeing your flowers it's difficult,
you may recognise them
http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/pla...ages/narac.htm

That's very kind of you, thank you! I can't recognise it from any of those
photos. But I emailed Sainsbury asking for the name and saying how lovely I
think the flowers etc. They replied thanking me for my kind remarks and
totally ignoring my query. Quite clearly they give customers' emails about
as much consideration as the RHS do!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk