Old 08-03-2006, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FDR

Default When to start

"Ottawa" wrote in message
I started gardening for the first time last year. Did most from seedlings
bought at nursery but want to try from seeds this year. I think I started
the seeds too late last year. A few questions about when and how. I saw
the peat pellets and they look like a efficient way to start from seeds.
How well do they work in comparison to planting in potting soil?

I've had good results either method.

Secondly when
should I start seeding. I think the last frost date for my area is Mid
May. I'm in zone 5A. I want to plant eggplant, tomatoes, zuchinni, peppers
and beans this year.
Thanks all.