Old 08-03-2006, 09:16 AM posted to rec.ponds
lurker

Default Need Pump advice, HELP!

its between Pondmaster 700GPH and the Pondmaster 950GPH, and you are
right either is plenty of pump for 120 gallons. im not sure if this
will make much a difference from the 500gph but i dont see the harm in
going bigger just incase.

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:57:24 -0600, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

,
Moments before spontaneously combusting lurker was heard to ask:
also have you noticed if the bigger or the smaller pumps have a longer
life span? because the price on the bigger pumps are only a few bucks
more and currents not an issue. any idea or do all pumps break random?

In my experience the larger ones last longer. I have a Big Versa still
running every summer since 1996. It's outlived all the smaller pumps by
several years.