Old 08-03-2006, 09:45 AM posted to rec.ponds
lurker

Default Need Pump advice, HELP!

im not so much worried about too much current as much as my filter not
being able to handle it. seems to do ok with the 750 but was designed
for a 550! i pretty much made up my mind on going with the mag pump
though.

about prefiltering, your ideas sound like they would work good.
could i cut out a peice of normal filter material that holds bacteria
in external filters and just place it over the pumps intake? or would
covering the entire pump be necessary.

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 00:18:32 -0600, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

I have a 500gph on my smallest 150g pond. It works great - it filters as
well as runs the small waterfall. It filters because I set it in a plant
basket and wrapped plastic window screen around it. Nice, cheap, easy to
hose clean and the impeller is protected from trash.