Old 08-03-2006, 10:19 AM posted to rec.ponds
lurker

Default Need Pump advice, HELP!

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 01:03:32 -0600, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:

Don't just cover the intake itself or the filtering material can clog and
slow or stop the water flow. I wrap the entire pump in the window screen -
at least 2 or 3 layers. I don't depend on my pumps being biological
filters. If the screen is stiff and don't want to stay in place I put some
stones over it to keep down.

excellent idea, i used fish tank net before. do you thin the window
screen is ok for the water, i have no idea what its made of?

i found the specs on both and it seems like the titan may take less
energy, suprising, check this out.
http://www.foryourfish.com/cgi-bin/w...FYF-PS-PF5.htm
would like to hear your opinion on the design if possible too. is it
more complicated and more likely to break do you believe? thanks
again.