Old 08-03-2006, 07:56 AM posted to aus.gardens
Linda H

Default Can you replant Yakkas??

Yep, that's all well n' good about the overalls, terrific, but I too
would also actually like to know about the Yukkas.

Can anybody please help me on this subject as well?

I've got a few that've grown much taller than when I got them about five
or six years ago and they've now got tiny little babies right down at
the level of the soil & stones in the large long planter tub I have them
in. Can I safely snip those off? Do I need to seal the cut end of the
parent plant with that greyish plasticised stuff that I've seen on the
cut ends of some (or am I thinking of those "Money Trees?")

Any particular type of potting mix; I can't even remember what I put in
the long planters I put them in years back but gee, they've done very well.

Thanks if you can help me as well as "firefoxy."