Old 08-03-2006, 12:58 PM
AlfaDelta AlfaDelta is offline
Registered User

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Default Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne (and some questions)

Hi everyone,

I'm Steve and I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne. I've signed up to this forum because, well, basically - I don't know what I'm doing - my fingers are anything but green!

I've got quite a small garden to the front of my house. It doesn't get many hours of sun (due party to the location and partly to the opposite neighbours inordinately huge headge!). At the moment it's been left alone and looks a bit of a state, although last year I did put a lovely fence up - lol.

My grass is quite long, too long to cut with the mower I think! I'm also sure that when I do cut it - it's going to be all brown/white rather than green. Can anyone suggest anything I can do to help it? Best ways of cutting it? Any treatments you can recommend/suggest?

Also, when the weather improves I want to plant out my currently bare borders. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best plants for what is basically bad soil and not much light (I know that's not ideal at all is it?)

Any help would be really appreciated

Kind Regards,

Steve Matthews
http://www.justfriendsuk.com