Old 12-03-2003, 07:08 AM
KH

Default Mossies in water feature

we've got fish in our pond, it fixed the mozzie problem and the birds aren't
quick enough to get 'em.. not to mention that we have a cat too..
"Tom Elliott" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 05:34:07 GMT, "Teddy"
wrote:

Hello All

I have just built a small water feature based in a 1m diameter pond.

Works
fine and is very pretty but it has rapidly become a breeding ground for
mosquitos. Is there anything I can put in the water which will kill the
mossies?

Thanks

Ted

A good half inch layer of crank case oil will fix that right up.

But seriously, there are some native fish about (I will see if I can
find the breed) which are practically invisible, and do a wonderful
job of keeping the larvae at bay. They are hard to see, so you don't
need to worry about cats getting at them.

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.