Old 08-03-2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Germinating old hot pepper seeds.

I have some seeds from a very special hot pepper plant that are several
years old. They were dried in the pod. I've tried planting them in dirt
about one inch down in a peat pellet that I've been keeping moist and
on the kitchen counter.

It's been 4 weeks now and I see no sprouts. Is there a better method
for me to use to get the seeds to germinate?

I've been told to scuff the outside of the seed and to use a heating
pad under it peat pellet. I only have about 10 more seeds.

If someone could tell me a sure-fire way of doing this, I'd be very
grateful.

Thanks.