Old 14-02-2003, 06:27 PM
zhanataya

Default Filling raised beds

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:02:57 -0600, "Tony"
wrote:

I plan to make a few raised beds for various places around my property over
the next few weeks. I'm doing this mainly because my existing soil isn't
very good and the beds would also look nice in the landscaping.

I currently have nothing to fill the raised beds with. I'm looking for
something economical. A local nursery suggested very fine grind mulch.
They indicated that is what they used to pot up all the things they sell.

I figured that a truckload of that plus organics that I could buy to
supplement it might work nicely and it's not outrageously expensive. Anyone
have any other suggestions?

I'm located in northwest Florida.

Tony

There are several places around Pensacola and Milton that sell compost
by the yard. I didn't think their prices were so bad. I mixed
dehydrated cow manure with it for my container gardens. In central
Florida IIRC I think I used one yard for a 4' X 12' vegetable garden.

zhan