Old 08-03-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default What shrub to fill a gap?

"androo" wrote in message
I've recently moved into a new house, and the garden is nice an private,
except for one gap about six feet wide.

It faces south, but will be shaded mostly by a tree in the garden below
mine.

I don't know what kind of soil it it I'm afraid, but the previous owner
must've found hebees particularly easy to grow because they're everywhere.
So I'd prefer something different.

It doesn't have to growm more than 4 to 5 feet tall I suppose.

Anything obvious spring to mind?

--
Androo
(Remove your clothes to reply)

The fact that Hebes are growing gives no real clue as to the soil type as
they are fairly happy in most environments.
If the soil is acid/neutral then I would go for an Acer or Magnolia or
Camellia..
The choice depends to some extent on what trees/shrubs are adjacent to it.