Old 08-03-2006, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default Water storage

shazzbat wrote:

Befriend your local CORGI. The plumbing and heating geezer that is, not the
queen's favourite canine. People who have boilers replaced now are having
condensing boilers installed. This means that the water tank in the loft is
liberated, and usually comes with some convenient pipe stubs for connecting
up.

Surely you only lose the cold water tank if you go to a full
mains-pressure system or use a combi boiler? Certainly the condensing
boiler I've just had installed at painful expense (previous one died on
Christmas Day because the heat exchanger had rusted through) uses all of
the existing plumbing and we still use the water tank for cold water
upstairs and filling the hot water cylinder.

What sizes are commonly used for cold water tanks? 500l?

James