Old 08-03-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Hiring lawn service

"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
I am a real novice at taking care of lawns and gardens. My yard has a huge
"lawn" that is in very bad shape. It has weeds, moss, crabgrass, bald
spots, etc.. Other than regular mowing and occasional weeding, I don't
know what else to do. A friend suggested hiring a lawn service business
for a year or two to get the "lawn" back into decent shape. Has anyone
tried this before? What exactly would they do? How much should I expect
to pay? I live in Western Washington. Thanks for any advice.

Any chance children will be playing on your lawn at any time in the next two
years?