Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Turning a *road* into a wildlife Garden?

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop writes:

| In our area there are huge patches of both brambles and gorse. When
| established they will shade out absolutely everything. I would never
| deliberately introduce them anywhere near my garden.

That is unlikely, to put it mildly. The reason that trees don't
establish in such thickets is far more likely to be the rabbits.
By all means avoid them, as they could well be problems in your
conditions, but please don't propagate myths.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.