Old 08-03-2006, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default Water storage

Chris Bacon wrote:
James Fidell wrote:

My problem however, is what to store the water in. I can find people
selling large water containers or IBCs (a metre-cube plastic container
in a steel mesh) fairly cheaply on that interweb thing, but the
delivery costs are more that the price of the container.

What's the approximate cost?

I've seen 1000l containers for less than £30, but delivery is often as
much as £50 per unit. If I'm looking for three, it starts getting
expensive

Anyone have other ideas for bulk water storage? (Or possible sources
for containers that might be reachable from the Taunton area, I guess,
so I can take my trailer and pick them up myself.)

Make your own using 4x2 timber, 3/4" WBP ply, and fibreglass
matting.

Certainly has possibilities.

James