Old 12-03-2003, 08:20 AM
TMehlin

Default organic acid for blueberries

cotten seed mealand peat moss will both help too. But sulphur is probably
the strongest acid.
I've read that it's hopeless to try to make alkaline soil turn acid with
amendments, but if you already have somewhat acid soil, adding cotten seed
meal or peat moss can lower the Ph a bit. Also, "better nurseries" will
have organic fertilizer mixes for acid loving plants. I think Whitney farms
makes one.
-TM

"Alice Gamewell" wrote in message
Use high nitrogen fertilizer such as fish emulsion.

Vernon Brown wrote:

I'm putting a couple blueberries in, and I like to stay organic with my
garden..
What is the best organic way to lower the Ph of the soil so the

blueberries
are happy.
I've read : saw dust is one suggestion.

Thanks