Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default Water storage

Last year B&Q warehouse were selling off water storage containers, these
were about 4 foot high, with tap near base, only about £15 each, with enough
space these can be linked with plastic water pipe to fill all from your
source.
cant find a link on net for these on B&Q website so best telephone and ask.
regards
Cineman
"James Fidell" wrote in message
I've been pondering on high-volume water storage for watering the veggie
plot for some time. I'm thinking about several thousand litres, collected
over the winter from run-off (which handily all ends up in a single pipe
to which I have easy access).

My problem however, is what to store the water in. I can find people
selling large water containers or IBCs (a metre-cube plastic container in
a steel mesh) fairly cheaply on that interweb thing, but the delivery
costs are more that the price of the container.

Anyone have other ideas for bulk water storage? (Or possible sources for
containers that might be reachable from the Taunton area, I guess, so I
can take my trailer and pick them up myself.)

James