Old 09-03-2006, 09:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Something Different to Plant?

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 04:58:10 GMT, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

"brsher" wrote in message
I have a small garden. Every year I plant beefsteak and cherry tomatoes.
I've also planted red peppers once or twice. But this year I'm looking

for
something different to plant. I live in Missouri. Can anyone suggest
something that is easy to grow and that I can consume almost everyday?
Thank you for your
suggestions.

Lettuce, chard, pak choi, carrots

David

Baby spinach.

There is NOTHING more ineffably ineffable than leaves of
baby spinach rinsed wll and cooked with nothing but the
water on the leaves (watch the pot!). A little lemon juice --
instant ambrosia.

Persephone